Order “The Kathy Kingston” Special
"Just look up!" Ellie, owner of Hampton Towle Farm Market said with a big grin.
Imagine my thrill to see my favorite sandwich named after my humble self up on "the wall" chock-full of deli delights. This surprise meant the world to me.
Individualized customer service creates loyalty.
Now, when attracting and retaining fundraising supporters is paramount - take some tips from the pros. Read my article: Be Like Nordstrom...and Hampton Towle Farm Market too!
PS: Try #60 - I understand it’s a big seller!
PPS: Just as tasty! Purchase and Download my new e-booklet version of Record Breaking Fundraising Auctions: Auction Design Tips and Auction Night Tips.
Be Like Nordstrom
Renowned for legendary customer service, Nordstrom, an upscale national fashion retailer, can offer non profits leading ideas for superb benefit auctions.
Exceptional Service Creates Loyalty
Every time I shop at Nordstrom I feel fantastic, and I always buy, happily. Why? Because I receive personalized service in an enjoyable place where it’s easy to find what I want.
In juxtaposition to a Nordstrom experience, can you imagine shopping at another store where the display was abysmal: items are jammed together, there is no room to pass by other customers, items in dim light, signage is so small it’s impossible to read. What if the most profitable and exciting merchandise had no sales signage or details are left to your imagination? How about if there is no one to answer your questions and if check-out is a tangled conga-line?
Unfortunately, I’ve just described too many poorly designed Silent Auction and Live Auctions. Here’s the good news: it’s easy to provide splendid service.
Right now, attracting and retaining fundraising donors is a key priority; take some tips from the pros.
Learn from Nordstrom’s and Hampton Towle Farm Deli’s extraordinary service and display techniques. Apply these proven ideas at your next auction fundraiser for breakthrough results.
- Foremost, focus on catering to your donors’ needs, individually.
- Personally, call all of your top supporters. Let them be the first to know about auction items they might like.
- Ask donors what they would like! Then go get it!
- While you’re on the phone, brief them with exciting news about your cause and share success stories.
- Follow up and send them an auction item description and web link. Answer any questions promptly.
- Design your Silent Auction and Live Auction displays to make it easy to bid high. Hint: on auction night, we are in the retail business.
- Spread out your Silent Auction items so at least 2 people can bid on each item. Think: upscale boutique!
- Create wide aisles so your guests can easily reach their favorite items.
- Illuminate your Silent Auction and Live Auction Displays.
- Place big "point of sale" signs next to each auction item. Use BIG bullets for easy guest reading. BIG font size!
- Assign gregarious trained volunteers to answer questions and guide your guests.
- Streamline your auction check-out and consider auction software to ease stress and increase guest enjoyment.
Go that extra mile - it really means the world to your donors!
Please contact me personally to set up a phone consultation to optimize your auction profit 603-926-1919 or email@example.com
Bring my energy & extensive experience to inspire your board, volunteers, staff, auction committee and your auction guests.
"I truly enjoyed participating in your Tele-Seminar. Probably the best half hour I have spent this week! Thank you for all the helpful and practical information."
May Balsama, Executive Director,
Souhegan Valley Chamber of Commerce, NH
Click here for more testimonials
WATCH Kathy Kingston In A NH Chronicle TV Interview
Kathy is featured in a NH Chronicle TV interview! Click this link to watch her interview online.
Kathy Kingston In the Cover Story of Auctioneer Magazine
Kathy is featured in the November Cover Story of Auctioneer Magazine, called "The Boom in Benefit Auctions" (see page 34 for her picture)! Click this link to download and read the entire article (pdf)!
We are award-winning auctioneers, providing cutting-edge consulting and innovative training for both non-profits and auctioneers. A national leader in fundraising auctions, Kingston Auction Company has raised millions of dollars for non-profit organizations throughout New England and across the country for over 22 years. The company founder and president is Kathy Kingston, CAI, BAS. Come to us to make your next benefit fundraising auction a record-breaker.
Our affiliations include...
National Auctioneers Association promotes professionalism of auctioneers and auctions through education and technology.
Certified Auctioneers Institute is the most prestigious designation awarded in the industry - only three percent of auctioneers nationwide hold the CAI designation.
Benefit Auctioneer Specialist designation provides auctioneers with unique skills and strategies to conduct, plan and market fundraising auctions.